Monday, March 29, 2010

Twitterview #2

So here we go again, off to Twitterview #2. I must say, reading these answers brought a few chuckles and snickers and giggles (maybe a snort or two...). This one is quite a character, and I like it!

Victim - @TysonDueck 

















Q: Why did you start up on Twitter?
A: My friend @RyanStang introduced me to it. I signed up not really getting why anyone would care that I was “Clipping my toenails” and now that I understand how to properly utilize it, I’m completely hooked. The only time I’m NOT at least checking Twitter is when I’m sleeping. Since my first days on Twitter I’ve learned how to use it as a great business and social networking tool. And, to my surprise, I’ve made some new friends!

Q: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: To be completely honest, I can’t quite remember. So I’ll answer it the best I can. When I was a small child I got in big trouble…punishment? A spanking. So I ran from my dad, turning every now and then to “Shoot him with my webs”. When he caught me I yelled, “You can’t spank Spiderman!”. So ya, I think I wanted to be Spiderman...either that or a something cliche, like a cop.

Q: If you had to flee the country TODAY and language wasn’t a barrier, where would you go?
A: That’s a tough question to answer since my travels have only brought me through Canada, the US and Mexico. Even though I haven’t been to these places, I think I would be happy somewhere in Europe. My roommate went last year for 2 months and the stories and pictures had me sold. But I would probably be happy anywhere that didn’t get snow.

Q: What do you do to pay the bills?
A: I usually transfer some money around and pay them online. Except the rent, I give money to my roommate and he goes in and pays it….
But without being a smartass, I’m a graphic Designer and Marketing Coordinator for Meridian Manufacturing Group. I do all their print design as well as working with sales and Marketing on new campaign ideas.
Along with @RyanStang, I am also co-founder of Right Mind Creative: A freelance design business we are starting up out of the comfort of our home office. He’s working on it full time at the moment and I am hoping to join in the near future!

Q: For those who don’t know, what’s this whole ‘ZTF’ biz?
A: ZTF = Zombie Task Force. It’s a group of 6 completely badass people: @AshleyTenille, @grempel, @MauStCha, @JennaIsWriting, @massiveimages and myself. Between the 4 of us, we have the know-how to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse. You would definitely want us on your side if such an event ever occurred. With plenty of weapons, beer and smokes, we are sure to survive until the end.

Q: What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
A: This questions goes great with the last question seeing as how I was watching Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Even though I don’t like how they adapted Nemesis from the game, you can’t go wrong with a Zombie flick!

Q: What was your most recent ‘splurge’?
A: That would be a Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty Custom Electric Guitar. It’s always been my dream guitar and I managed to get it for fairly cheap through a Gibson rep that was in town. When it came out of the factory, there was a crack on the neck and they had to replace the entire piece. Even though it was brand new, since they had to fix it, they had to sell it as a refurbished guitar. So I got it for half price.

Q: Are you a listener or a talker?
A: As you can see from my answers, I’m a talker...have you thought “shut up already” to yourself yet? Although I can go on and on, I also know when to listen.

Q: If you were walking down the street and suddenly witnessed a man mug an old lady, what would you do?
A: Oh sure, ask a question that’s going to make me look like a jerk. Instead of telling the truth of me running in the opposite direction crying frantically on the phone to 911, I’ll say this: Using my advanced Martial Arts fighting skills that I have learned to perfection from the 6 times I’ve watched UFC, I will rush in to save the day and take out the mugger with a little ground and pound.

Q: What is one of your favorite movies of all time?
A: Just ONE of my favorites? Man oh man...well, I guess I’ll have to go with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. There are far too many awesome parts to this movie so I’ll sum it up by saying “Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro on Drugs for 2 hours”. Need I say more?

Q: If you had to categorize yourself as one of these professions, which would it be and why: Clown, Mafia, Judge, Struggling Artist, Mathematician, Teacher, or Unemployed?
A: This answer is rather easy for me...Struggling Artist. My whole life is creativity. My full time job involves graphic design, creative thinking and constantly learning to keep inspired. In my spare time I do even more graphic design work for my own business and have played guitar for 15 years. Although I’m not in any way struggling, I would much rather be poor and do what I love, that be rich and hate what I do.

Q: Lastly, who was the last person you replied to on Twitter and why should we follow them?
A: That would be @sea. He’s a fellow Camrosian that I’ve never met in real life, although he graduated with my sister...I think...Follow him because he’s usually got something interesting to say that also deserves a reply. That’s reason enough right there for me!


And there you have it! Who will be next? It could be you!
-A




No comments: