Saturday, October 17, 2009

NaNoWriMo p2

Ok, so yesterday I caved and officially signed up for NaNoWriMo. Otherwise, I signed my soul away for 1 month when I drive myself to insanity over writing 50,000 words.

Some of you are probably asking, Why???
Why would I put myself through all of this? Well for one, I love to write. Period. Even if it comes out as crap, at least I'm writing something, exercising my fingers, my mind, my *cough* soul. I also love a challenge and lately with all my other literary musings I've been having trouble with the Block, inspiration, MOTIVATION. So here comes Nanowrimo, and it seemed like it was fate. Maybe this will light a fire under my ass!

I admit, I'm a little nervous, anxious, worried (what if I get stuck, what if I can't think of anything else, what if, what if), but then I think, who cares! It's a rough draft. A first rough draft that thousands of people are spitting out at mach 1. So I have a plan, if I get stuck I will get over it. Simple, right? Well, maybe not that simple, but I'll figure something out.

Plot ideas? Not really. I haven't had too much time to think about it and I think that maybe this will be better. This way I'll just start from fresh, maybe as soon as Nov 1st hits the idea will pop into my head and flow to my fingers where I will immediately type 5,000 words (A girl can hope, right?). I'm thinking maybe something comedic mixed with something serious like a murder/mystery. Something that will be fun! Hey, this challenge is about FUN not STRESS, right?

Anyways, I'm off for more coffee now.

Wish me luck come November!

-A

No comments: