Thursday, May 20, 2010

For your writing inspirational needs!

Ok, I've been a baaaaad girl and haven't updated my bloddigy boo in some time. But! I will make it up to you all, I promise!

Firstly, I'm VERY excited to say that I have been dabbling and progressing with my new WiP that I have dubbed The Violet Hour. Yes, I'm weird and for some reason I always come up with the perfect title while plotting a new WiP, without having any words down! *brushes imaginary dust off of shoulder* And with the fantastical boost of AWESOME from my Critter (@CourtneyReese86), I have giddily dived (dove?) back into it. *confetti everywhere!*

And with this renewed vigor for my new WiP, I have gathered some great new inspiring writing songs, and I will share a handful with you. Enjoy!

God's Gonna Cut You Down - Johnny Cash
Unstoppable - E.S. Posthumus (for those intense scenes)
You Got Me All Wrong - Dios Malos
Eden - Hooverphonic (always one of my favorites for writing)
Requiem For a Tower - Clint Mansell (always fantastic for INTENSENESS!!!)
The Handshake - MGMT
Panic Prone - Chevelle
This is Your Life - Low vs Diamond
Lucky You - Deftones (another all time fav.)
(while I'm at it..) Minerva - Deftones (another great one)
Death of a Party - Blur
Chemtrails - Beck
#1 Crush - Garbage
Bulletproof - Kerli (MUCH thanks to @CourtneyReese86 for introducing me to Kerli. This song has totally inspired an incredible scene in my head for later on in TVH :) <3)
Glory Box - Portishead (Couldn't do a writing playlist w/o some Portishead - one of my fav bands for writing. This one is a good slow, perhaps sexy scene song)
Krwlng - Linkin Park (one of my fav LP remixes of one of their best songs 'Crawling'. Both versions are scenes in my WiP.. or will be...)
Bad Romance (cover) - 30 Seconds to Mars (rawr! Much love to @kristenyard for introducing me to THIS one today. Absolutely love the version by these guys. Possible WiP scenes swirling while listening to it)
The Infinite - Dargaard (a dark kinda song)
Into Dust - Mazzy Star (another long time fav)
 
-A

5 comments:

Clayton Magnet said...

Dumb question, but judging from the amount of trip-hop on your list have you enjoyed Massive Attack, Sneaker Pimps or Tricky?

Love Clint Mansell. Pop Will Eat Itself was amazing back in the day.

End query.

AshleyTenille said...

Sneaker Pimps are great! And I've listened to Massive Attack, but I don't think I've listened to much Tricky... I will have to check them out :)

And yes, Clint Mansell is awesome. Pop Will Eat Itself? Haven't heard of that one... Will also check it out.

Thanks! :)

Clayton Magnet said...

Yeah! PWEI was Clint Mansell's rock band from the late-80s-early-90s era. Their last studio album was produced by Trent Reznor. Really cool stuff. They seemed so far ahead of their time.

Tricky was with Massive Attack for a few of their albums. He was also the guy who gets blown up at the airport in the Fifth Element.

Clayton Magnet said...

PWEI songs I love the most:

- Ich Bin Ein Auslander
- I've Always Been a Coward
- Token Drug Song
- Get the Girl! Kill the Baddies!
- Karmadrome
- Menofearthereaper
- Cape Connection

If you're going to check them out, those are the ones to shoot for.

Anonymous said...

Cool. Your blog looks great, and I’m glad i’ve found something here worth adding to my favorites.


kupit' levitru onlajn