So I've been going through a bunch of things in the last few weeks, nothing I'll go into detail about, but it's made me realize some stuff that's pretty important. I figured I'd share some of them with you.
1) When things get cloudy and dark, sometimes you just need a double rainbow to cheer you up. Go here if you don't already know what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI
2) It helps to be honest.
3) A good doctor is extremely important. If you go to a doctor and you tell them one symptom and they write you a prescription immediately and send you on your merry way... They are not a good doctor. Get a new one. I've recently got a new doctor and she is great. Extremely helpful, kind, thorough, explanatory, and takes her time with her patients. She doesn't get bothered by my many questions if I'm unsure about things, or if something isn't clear she makes sure to explain so I understand. Great doctors like this are hard to find (in Edmonton anyways).
4) The power of putting a smile on someone else's face is indescribable. For me, the ability to put a smile on someone's face, puts a smile on MY face. Try it sometime. Go out of your way to do something nice, whether it be a family member, friend, stranger... I do this often, and it gives me warm fuzzies (perverts). It also creates a nice domino affect. Cheer someone up, there's a good chance their good mood will cheer someone else up, etc, etc.
5) When a medication you are taking advises you not to take any calcium (aka dairy) while on said medication, DO NOT EAT DAIRY. Not even creamer in your coffee. Seriously, don't.
6) No matter how much technology has helped us thus far and has made things so much more easier, efficient, etc, nothing beats snail mail.
7) Sometimes in life you get stuck between a rock and a hard place, and you can't do anything about it. You just have to deal with each separately, and try to stay positive.
8) ..which leads me to this one: TRY TO STAY POSITIVE.
9) #VLAT was fun and should be done on a regular basis.
10) Music is a powerful tool to help you escape, distract you for a little while, or just make you want to forget about everything and dance. (I've realized this a loooong time ago, but figured it was post worthy again).
11) Lastly (because it's hard for me to concentrate on any more right now) Friends are one of the most important things in the WORLD. Never take them for granted. Take their advice (even if you have to take it with a grain of salt sometimes), listen to them. They know you (most of them do anyways). The true ones are just looking out for you and wanting what's best for you. It's these friends that you need to keep close and try not to lose. They help make you who you are, help you through tough times, put a smile on your face, and the trust between true friends is something that is very precious.
Ok. That's enough for now. I leave you with an overly cute picture of a reminder not to upset little Ash (that's my brother as Cookie Monster)