Friday, November 13, 2009

I won't talk about NaNo, I won't talk about NaNo...

Ahhh I love days off from work. I'm still in my pjs, hair's a mess and no make up. I've been up since 7.30am (was supposed to be 5.30am, but I slept through my alarm again... Good thing I didn't have to work today...), and I've been busy as a bee. Shot right into writing the 'unmentionable' furiously, trying to pump up my word count. Mix that with sewing away, my third project being pj shorts. This pattern has pockets and I'm starting to debate if I should just skip the pockets. I think it's only because I'm at that step and... *sigh, ok, I'll do the damn pockets...

I love the feeling after you've created something. After making my first hobo bag I was driven to do more. I made a similar one for my bff (shorter strap than mine)- here is a picture (don't mind the rough edges)-

and now I'm on to the clothe-esque projects. Hit up Fabricland's crazy sale last weekend and got a bunch of patterns and the ideas and creations are all floating around in my head, waiting to be made.

I had to take a break because sometimes I start to think too much about how the structure is supposed to fit together and I drive myself mad, then I get frustrated. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the pj shorts inside out (you laugh now, but if you were at the stage I'm at with them, you would have been confused too). The inside seams are all sewn together and for some reason I couldn't picture how... ok I'll stop.

What else is going on in the world of me... I'm in for a busy couple weeks. I'm at the halfway point of my Na-*cough* , well you know, so I have to pump up the volume (good movie, btw) because for my timeline I'm slacking a bit. Going to watch New Moon next Friday - I really wanted to re-read the books again before I went (Haven't read them since I first got all 4 and read all 4 in a span of a week), but I don't think that will happen, seeing as I have too much going on. I leave for Dominican in less than 2 weeks and I'm finally starting to get excited about it. I meant to tan for a good month before I went, but now there's less than 2 weeks until I go. I'm so screwed. I'm going to come back looking like a lobster and my office Christmas party is the day after I get back. I will rock the lobster look. I'll just be red in the spirit of Christmas.. Maybe I'll wear green and use that as my excuse.

Speaking of Christmas, I can't believe it's next month. How scary. Time is going by way too fast and I don't like it.

I got to see my bff last weekend, which was awesome. I haven't seen her since my birthday in May. Normally we have 'Rum Nights' when we're together, but this time we switched it up and had Co-Ca-Banana Night. It involved homemade pizza making, crazy mis-matched pjs, long island iced teas, and a mini Simpsons marathon. She also brought me a prezzie, his name is Charlie. Apparently we both had creative urges in making gifts for each other.


Anyways, I best stop procrastinating now and get back to.. the unmentionable. The next post will most likely be all about it though seeing as I'm about to celebrate at passing the halfway 25k point.

-A

No comments: