Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaNo Update and Other Musings

So I had this dream the other night where the world was coming to an end (or something like that), and I was a part of a few selected people who were going to be saved. The queen was even there - though she wasn't old and wrinkly at all, this queen (who was the queen of the WORLD!) she was young and quite beautiful and had red hair. Why I was a part of this group to be saved, I don't know. But my job, my whole task in this 'being saved from the world' thing, was to choose a wine to stock the boat with. The boat that was going to save us, I guess. Me, this person who was specifically selected to be saved from the world in this small, elite group of people, including the queen of the world (seriously, she was probably a only few years older than me) was chosen to choose the wine that the boat would be stocked with. So I remember me sitting around this big table, with the queen, and some other people and we were testing like seven different bottles of wine. That's all I remember.

I know what you're thinking, and don't worry I was thinking it too. I often have bizarre, unexplainable dreams. I wish I could remember them all. Man, what it would be like to be in my unconscious state of mind full time. I bet I would end up in a psych ward.

On another topic, it's now week 2 of NaNoWriMo! Huzzahhhh. My current word count is just a smidgen away from 18,000. I think I'm doing fairly well (at least I hope so), but there's this little annoying voice in the back of my head taunting me and telling me I'm not going to make it. But I just try to kick that voice with my literary power legs and try to ignore it to no end as my fingers fly feverishly over my keyboard. I probably wouldn't be near this far if it wasn't for my bff and her help with planning.
*Fun Fact* - A doesn't believe in outlines. A outlines as she goes along.
The actual story is going pretty well, I feel for how many words I have, my plot is kind of slow, but things will soon pick up. There's nerdlicious awkward flusters, a hot cop, slick haired, evil antagonist and pick-pocketing and conning. Things are picking up nicely.

There's also just over 2 weeks until my trip to Dominican! I've been so busy lately I haven't even had much time to think about it and get excited, but I'm sure it will come soon. Hurray for vacations! I'm just crossing my fingers that I'm not going to get sick with... well I won't say it just for the risk of jinxing it, but y'all know what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Knock on wood. A lot. And keep your fingers crossed for me.

Anywho, I could keep blogging away, but alas I must dress myself and get ready for work. Keep cheering me on and sending me good thoughts for NaNo!

Until next time.

-A

No comments: