Tuesday, March 23, 2010

OK, now what?

Well, if you follow me on Twitter, you all probably know by now that I have been laid off as of today, along with everyone at our office. Basically, big wigs came in and out of the blue announced they were shutting down our office and that everyone was laid off as of today. Yup, that means no work tomorrow for me, no work period. It was not really *surprising* persay, but shocking definitely. Don't really appreciate the way this situation was handled, but nothing I can do about it now. I went through the whole "shocked", "angry", "sad", etc, etc, and yes there were a lot of tears in the office and a lot of sad goodbyes, or what hopefully was more of a 'see you laters'.

After a few drinks and a conversation with the mumsy, boyfriend and brother, I'm feeling a bit better. But now I feel more lost than anything and find myself asking, Ok,
What do I do now? That's the main question, and one I'm trying not to stress over (as much as I can anyway) right now. As many people have said today, there are a lot of opportunities out there, maybe this was a blessing in disguise, everything happens for a reason... Basically everything I always tell others! It's a lot harder to take the advice when you're the receiver, but I'm trying to stay positive over it (no, really, I AM trying!).

So...

I'm thinking of maybe going back to school. I've been thinking about it for the last little while, looking up part time writing courses, but to no avail. Maybe now this is the push to get me to go to college and take FULL time courses and work part time? Really? Or should I find a good job? What to do, what to do...

Anyways, so all in all today was a pretty crappy Tuesday. But, my current thought process (clouded with alcohol):



-A (Le sigh...)

1 comment:

Dan Rempel said...

Yay! Commenty goodness!

As I was saying, Laura's bringing you the course book from U of A. And hang in there baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbO1uYjfHY4