Monday, August 23, 2010

Almost moving time

I hate moving.

I don't think anyone likes it really. Having to pack up EVERYTHING and I always feel so disorganized, even though I'm TRYING to be organized this time. I even made a list of things I need to do beforehand, things I'll need to get after I move, places I need to call to change my address... These lists just seem to keep getting bigger.

It sucks having to split up a lot of things over a 5 year relationship... Who gets this, who gets that... If you get that, then can I have this? It's a good thing me and him are still friends, because that part of things has been going fairly smoothly. It's going to be VERY different living alone. I've actually never lived alone before, have always had a roommate or him living with me. I think this will be a good step in the Life of Ash in creating more independence and learning, etc, etc. I think I'm ready to take on this new chapter in my life. Will it be hard? Yes. Will it be a big adjustment? Oh yeah. But all in all, I'm SO grateful to have the wonderful, supportive, and amazing friends that I do to help me through these times.

So, I'm worried, stressed, overwhelmed... but I keep trying to look at the positives and focusing on THAT instead of worrying about future stuff. One day at a time...

Anyways, I have more packing to do. Will give an update soon!

No comments: