Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Job Hunt

Well, anyone who lives in Edmonton knows that the job market has been struggling for a while now. When on earth will it be back up again? That's what I'd like to know. Job hunting/searching is proving to be quite difficult. It doesn't really help that the last time I had to look for a job like this was over 5 years ago... I hate the feeling like you're starting from the bottom, starting ALL over again, the last 5 years just wasted. But I know that's not the case. I have a pretty beefy resume, thanks to these last 5 years, but it's just a matter of finding a decent part time job for while I'm in school that also pays enough that I'll be able to cover rent, bills, etc (basically all of the FUN things of LIFE. Ugh, give me a break.)

I've applied at a couple great sounding places and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's a little stressful seeing that school starts on MONDAY (yikes), and I'm beginning to worry about being able to pay rent while in school and everything. Luckily if need be, I DO still have some savings that would cover my ass for a couple months, but being me (the financial wizard/money squirrel), I really don't want to have to go to 0$ in my bank account.

So it's a liiiiittle bit stressful over here on my end. Nothing compared to about a month or so ago, but it's more of a different kind of stress. Anyways, I think that's enough bitching for now. Hopefully next post will be filled with great news, rainbows and sunshine and all that jazz. Hope everyone is doing fantastic and not shaking their fist too much at mother nature for this cruel weather we've been having.

Ash out.

No comments: