Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Cheer & Great Designs

Ahh tis the season to be jolly, no?

Yesterday I went forward with phase 4 of Ash's Christmas Cheer and bought some toys for underprivileged children. It's sort of amazing to think that you're going to make some kids feel so special just for giving them a toy on Christmas. Not a lot of kids grew up (or are growing up) like many of you and I, and just the thought of spending a few dollars that would equal a dinner one evening or that t-shirt we had to buy, yet never wear, to buy toys that could mean the world to one child... It makes me feel amazing and I found I was even being tedious with what I was purchasing. My boyfriend standing beside me going "Why does it matter, it's just a toy..?" And my reply, well I don't want it to be some stupid toy that no kid would want. I wanted it to be something cool, something flashy (what are the kids into nowadays anyways!? We didn't have this much selection when we were kids, that's for sure. I had ninja turtles, and back then there were only 4 to pick from.. That or Lego..). So I picked a few out that looked pretty awesome (Hey, I almost kept one for myself..). I hope whoever receives it likes it and puts a smile on their face. Even if it's just for a day, I would be glad to know that something, no matter how little it is, made someone feel good about themselves.

On another note, for any of you who have been watching Survivor: Samoa, you must obviously know Brett Clouser (Side Note: I totally have a 12 yr old crush on this guy. *sigh*...). Following him Twitter (@TMOOH) and for you die hard Survivor fans, you will know that he has his own clothing design website called The Monument of Our Hearts. These clothes have an AMAZING purpose, sending the message of healthy body image. Their purpose is to show that everyone is beautiful and to promote healthy self-image in everyone. They are also environmentally conscious, producing their products domestically and they are partnered up with non-profit organizations. All around, great clothing with a great message. I just ordered my very first t-shirt (the Cubism) and if you act now through Sunday, you can get 10% off by using the code word `galu`at checkout. Strongly urge anyone to visit his website and check it out :) http://www.tmooh.com/

Picture will be posted of me and my new styling, healthy body image producing digs when it arrives ;)

Until next time!
(9 days until Christmas! Get yer shopping done!)

-A

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for the tmooh plug! Hope to see the picture of you in your shirt soon. We're working on a flickr slideshow so that we can showcase people wearing our stuff. A "real people, real models" type of deal.

-Courtney

AshleyTenille said...

Hi Courtney,
Thanks for the nod! I can't wait to receive my shirt, hopefully it will be soon. I'll definitely be posting a pic of it up on my blog & Twitter once I have it in my hands. I think that's a great idea about the real people, real models thing.

Take care!
-Ash