Thursday, December 24, 2009

Xmas Eve & Amazing People

It's Christmas Eve already. Am I the only one who still doesn't think it TRULY feels like Christmas yet?? I have a feeling it will once the 3 hour drive I have to make this afternoon is over and I'm back home.

This will be the first time that my brother won't be waking up with us back home on Christmas day. It's sad, and will be weird, but I guess now that he has a serious girlfriend he is entitled to spend Christmas morning at her house (they'd better be at our parent's next year!), so I have to get used to it. I remember when we were younger, we weren't allowed to be up before 7am xmas morning, but (obviously) being too excited we would be up at like 4am watching the clock. My brother would always tip toe out to the living room to check out the stash and then come back to my room to report to me on the sight of the presents under the tree. Don't get me wrong, he (and his gf) will be there in the afternoon sometime, but it will still be strange not having him there to open presents.

I'm excited to go home, I haven't been back since Thanksgiving (which technically, for me, isn't that long between home visits - sometimes it will be like 6 months before we make the trek to the country).

Switching to an entirely different topic, I feel the need to mention my dear Twitter friend (@krystalarson) as I have just finished catching up on her blog - http://krystaslittleworld.blogspot.com/
This girl is amazing and I admire her so much even after only knowing her for a few months or so (has it been that long already?!) She recently got accepted into her dream job and has moved to Dubai a couple weeks ago in order to make it happen. She went through the amazing ordeal of leaving her family and amazing boyfriend to MOVE to Dubai in order to achieve her life long dream. She is an amazing woman - determined, motivated, strong, charismatic - And someone anyone could look up to and think, I can pursue my dreams, it IS possible to achieve the things you want most out of life. I'm so unbelievably proud of her. Her intense fear of needles hasn't even stopped her (hello multiple blood tests) - this alone I'm incredibly proud of her for. I'm so excited for her and her adventures now, and I really hope she continues with informing us of them on her blog. I'm rooting for you girl (represent Canadians!). I know being Christmas Eve you are probably insanely homesick right now (I can't even imagine), but all I can say is to enjoy it and spend it with your new found friends (I'm sure they are homesick too!). And hang in there tiger, keep remembering what spectacular adventures you will be embarking upon and how proud your family and everyone back home is! I wish you the very best friend!

Well, I'll see you all after Christmas and I hope everyone has a great holiday! Stay safe and never drink and drive.

-A

No comments: