Wednesday, June 9, 2010

When it rains, it pours.

So I'm really, really bad at taking my own advice. Like, really bad. I've always been good for those inspirational, sympathetic, comforting words when someone is down. I can whip a frown upside down in seconds (usually), make someone laugh when they're about to cry, pick someone up when they're falling.

But what am I supposed to do with myself? It's not like I can hold myself up (literally), or look into the mirror and make stupid faces until I start giggling (ok, maybe I can, and/or have, but it's besides the point).

I'm quite an introverted person when it comes to dealing with my own issues. I don't like to bother others with my own problems or make them worry about me. I mean, come on. Goofy, fun-loving, joke-cracking, perverted Ash? No, no. I can't let THAT rep. fall, are you kidding me?

It's not a bad thing. I will deal with things eventually, within time. Everything will be ok in the end and all that jazz.

I feel with like how the weather has been lately, it's really matching my mood. I used to always joke that my mood controls the weather, because whenever I would be in a crappy place it would rain and storm and be all gloomy. I'm really starting to believe it! (Ok, I know what y'all or thinking - my mood is probably because of the weather, not the other way around. Hey, let me at least THINK I have some kind of supernatural powers! Please? Humor me, folks.)

For me, it always feels like when it rains, it pours (speaking metaphorically now). Usually I can just ignore it when I sense it happening and be on my merry way. But sometimes those sneaky clouds just come in too fast.


When things get like this I tend to hermit up, act like nothing is wrong, and deal with it myself. Sometimes you can just wait for the clouds to start clearing.

No matter what though, the sun will always find it's way to sneak through the clouds, no matter how dark they may seem. You just have to hang in there and soon enough you'll see a sliver of sun starting to stick through the darkness.



If you're lucky, and you're in the right spirits you may even get something like this:
 
 
Or even this:



I guess what I'm trying to say, is that no matter how down you feel, no matter how far deep you think you have dug underground, no matter how dark the world may seem, that sun will always shine through. Just hang in there and in the end, there will be nothing but blue skies again.


(All photos are that of my own and the trusty BB)



-A

No comments: