Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Being cool by doing school?

So I've been contemplating going back to school for quite some time now. Don't get me wrong, I'm only 22, however I was an honor student throughout my entire life and ever since I graduated high school I've been feeling like I'm wasting my "smarts" if you will. I didn't immediately apply to colleges/universities like most of my friends mainly because I didn't know what I wanted to go for exactly. And I wasn't about to waste oodles of money on something I wouldn't even use (don't even get me started on tuition costs, etc, etc).

So anyways, after 4 years of working full time I've gotten used to the continuous paycheques, but can't help but feel this empty void inside of me to pursue something even if it was just for my own benefit.

I love reading and writing and always have. I'm always writing in my free time and have been contemplating taking an actual course on writing/editing/publishing for the last couple months. My only fear is, well failing of course, and I want to take courses online so I can got at my own pace and still be able to work full time (hey, I've got rent and bills to play). I'm also worried that I won't be able to concentrate or take it seriously enough or be able to actually sit down and make myself work on assignments (Ms. procrastination AND Ms. ADD here...)

Anyways, so I'm going to contact some places to inquire of any distance/online writing courses that they offer. I have to admit that I'm a little excited of the possibility of doing school work again (*COUGH* nerd *cough cough*), but a little nervous and scared at the same time.

Well, we'll see how this goes. I'll let you know if I ever sign up for official courses!

No comments: