Thursday, September 17, 2009

Operation: PJ Pants

Ok so, recently I've gotten into sewing. I know what you're thinking, but my friend had told me a few months ago how she's (basically a domestic goddess, a young golden girl, a craftsy sewer/knitter/crocheter, etc, etc). I've always been the creative type (minus drawing/sketching - I can't even draw stick people properly..). So she got me all interested in this sewing business. I love fashion and have always wanted to be able to create things.

So anyways, I bought a sewing machine a couple months ago and had proceeded into my first project. I had been looking for a good hobo bag for a while, yet had not found the one. I'm very picky with purses (*cough* purse fetish). So I was bound and determined to make my own hobo bag. Long story short - I had found a pattern online for something 'similar' to what I wanted, cut out the pattern and then ALTERED it, cut out differently, made this longer, that bigger, yada yada yada. So basically I'm working with my own creation and hoping it all worked once I started sewing the thing together. In the end it worked out quite well! I was surprised. Shocked. Mom was proud (she still won't stop talking about it), so now I'm a little bit confident with my sewing skills having my first project be a fairly decent bag if you ask me.

Next project - pj pants. Apparently I've been told that I should have started with pj pants as it is a lot easier than the purse. Originally I was thinking pj SHORTS, however now that summer is slowly disappearing I may do the pants. And this one is going to be all me because I can't really find a pattern for what I want. So I may just wing it and see what will come out of it.

I'll try to post a picture of the pants once they are complete. In the mean time here's a quick snap of the bag.



Wish me luck with my future creation. I hope it turns out ok!

-A (aka designer in the making. aka an 86 year old in a 22 year old's body.)

2 comments:

Krysta said...

The bag is cute!! Good luck with the pants!

AshleyTenille said...

Hey, thanks! lol I just realized that there were some comments on my posts (oops!). I actually am making another bag for my bff first, decided on that before pjs.