Saturday, September 26, 2009

Writer's Block

It hurts.

It's kicking my ass harder than that Rocky with the huge Russian. Though, much like Rocky, I'll end up on top. Eventually. "AADDRRRIIIAAANNNNN!"

Since I can't concentrate enough to write in any of my stories, I will focus my attention to zee blog so I can at least yet some words down. Even if it's just to make myself feel better.

Back to Rocky IV. Much advice from Duke:

Duke: You're gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you've ever dreamed. But when it's over, I know you'll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. Do it.

Do it! Stupid writer's block. I'll show you. I know what I have to do... Actually, I don't, but I know that at some point I'll be like *ding*! And write a million pages.

I think my writer's block = sleep deprived. I'm so tired. And when I'm tired my mind is this: --------------------- * ----- **** -------------- zzzzzzz -----.

The stars usually represent hunger. Or. Other need-to-attend emotions. I don't think I've ever had the 'Block' this bad. I've tried to sit and make myself (I know, I know, you can never make yourself write. At least you shouldn't. It'll come when it wants to). But for me, if I sit down and say, "lookie here fingers, you're going to just write and the ideas will follow", it usually works. Not lately. I don't know what's going on with me, but I don't like it. Evil, evil.

I also blame it on my urge to read opposed to write. Lately I've been craving the good reads and therefore reading = less time for writing. But I do enjoy the books. I also like to blame this silliness on a zillion other little things, but sometimes I think you just need to give yourself a break and 'zen' out your mind. I don't know why, but lately I've thought of about 5 other superb ideas for new stories, but I force myself not to start anymore otherwise I would never finish anything. Which is why I probably HAVEN'T finished a lot.

*Fun Fact* A - good at starting promising stories, horrible at ending them.

I think it's because I get bored with things easily. Then I start something else. And I also get distracted easily. Must. Force. Self. To. Continue. With. Current... Stuff.

Ok, on that note, I'm off to chase bunnies, find those lucky charms, jump over the moon, or try and write something productive today.

No comments: