Thursday, September 3, 2009

September?!

Oy Vey...

You know when you're just sitting there, minding your own business then suddenly BAM!

No, I'm not talking about getting hit by a bus, I'm saying that something hits you out of no where and you struggle to grasp the situation at hand. Said situation today, it's September...

Where the hell did summer go? That's what I'd like to know. And apparently today I'm rhyming like Dr. Seuss, perhaps this is how I handle the news... Ok, I'll stop. I deal with the days all the time, I mean for half the day I'm doing statistics (I work in travel, long story), so I'm forever writing dates on things and yet just now it hits me as I look at my phone display (as I do 10 million times a day...) and see SEP 3. WOah! Dude! Bring back July! I felt like we only got a nibble then all of a sudden all the little minions are back to school? And what's with the +30 weather now? Where was this a month ago? *sigh* you can never win with Alberta.

In other words, I have to say that as I look back on MY summer, I don't feel like I did anything extraordinary enough. I mean my summer was OK, it wasn't anything spectacular by any means. But I always want to have something and be like 'Oh yeah... Summer '09 baby.' (Not like that, you perverts). I wish I had done something crazy to look back on for summer. I think that after you're out of school, the summer's aren't as important anymore. School defined summer, time off! Two whole months of freedom and the chance to get everything out of your system before you're back in the grinds of the daily routine. Yet, now, as an adult, summer is just another season to watch out your office window. I mean, the sun stays out later sure... But it's sad that you notice fall is coming when it's "Dark out when you wake up now".

Ok, I was speaking of amazing things. I still have a couple weeks. Fall doesn't officially start until Sept 21, so technically I still have time to do something UNBELIEVABLY SPECTACULAR before summer is over.

Will keep you updated.

-A

No comments: